Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Me at 100


Here's the color version (see previous post) of my illustration for Phil McAndrew's Draw Yourself at 100 contest. Here's what I had to say before:

I see myself as a mostly bald man with a head full of bushy eyebrows, free to wear pit-stained undershirts, shorts, and saggy socks around the house. If I'm still making art, let's just say I'm not sure if I'll be all there—but hopefully just as enthusiastic about my work.

A couple things to add: extensive nose and ear hair, and it goes without say that my nose will grow long and bumpy like a cucumber (this is what cartoons tell me, anyway).

This drawing is probably a good approximation as well: Glee

See you in 2079!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

too funny .. what a great concept

Jason Curtis said...

Wow, that's quite a descriptive picture you paint (no pun intended). Sounds like you have big plans for you elderly years.

So is this poor old bastard even aware that there's no canvas in front of him?

I love everything about this piece Bob, it's funny stuff.

Honolulu Dogfight said...

That's what I currently look like, sad to say...

Bob Flynn said...

Many thanks!

He's blissfully in tune with his work.

I should add that I still have skincare and beauty experts following me on Twitter after tweeting these posts...keyword "wrinkles," I suppose.

The Gross Uncle said...

So creeptastic!

Great stuff, Bob.

onírica said...

love all your ilustrations!
keep going!
;)