Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dweebs and Guards


One of the best parts of working at a company like FableVision is the opportunity to collaborate with talented people. I designed the above characters as cartoon extras for an animated web-series my friend Renée Kurilla is working on. The series revolves around a bunch of middle school kids, most of whom are pretty hip looking. So I figured the hallways could use a couple of dweebs.


These characters came out of some back and forth with another artist friend, Keith Zulawnik. We've been working on a math game with MIT that includes a story told through comics (previously mentioned here). Keith did one more iteration of these monster guards after I handed them off to him.

We all blog together as well at Creative Juices.

3 comments:

Honolulu Dogfight said...

Awesome!
Love the color work on all of these, especially the dweebs. In my opinion at least 60% of the cartoon population should have differently colored noses.
-G

Bob Flynn said...

Ha! Agreed :)

David DeGrand said...

Great concepts! Love your creature designs and the dweebs remind me of who I hung out with in high school, cool stuff!