Monday, March 11, 2013

Evolution-Health: Back Pain


Starting back in October of 2012, I began work on an assignment at FableVision that would quickly become my favorite project of the year. I've written before about the animation-science connection that happens often at my company—we often use film and gaming to teach educational concepts in a fun and entertaining way. I'm a big science nerd, and and even bigger animation nerd, so it's a dream when the two overlap. This was a collaboration between our studio and Jeff Kennedy Associates, who we'd previously worked with on a series of animations for the Denver Museum of Nature & Science (here and here). The exhibit, scheduled to first appear at the New York Hall of Science, discusses the relationships between evolution and modern-day health issues, such as back pain, lactose intolerance, and obesity.

Over the course of the week, I'll be posting some of my designs and layouts from the series, starting tonight with Back Pain. I went in wanting explore a cartooning style that was lighter on linework than I normally work. Another restraint: no texture. Keep it simple using flat colors. The project was drawn and animated completely in Flash (CS3, if you're curious). This short, and another one, feature ancestors like Homo erectus—so you can see why I had a lot of fun.



(I split this one up so you can see a few of the key poses.)




Next up: Obesity.

7 comments:

Muscle Pain said...

For back issue, the most effective methods were muscle pain relief in Canada . These treatments really helped me get rid of my back pain very soon. They are just perfect for those people who feel severe pain in their back!

David talpur said...

Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign! grow taller 4 idiots

denver pain management said...

Hi, you explained the topic very well. The contents has provided meaningful information

Heal My Fingers said...

Hi Bob! I must say you have amazing talent. Not only your animated pictures are awesome but you write well too. I found your post interesting and informative. Well done mate.

Disable people said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
corporate entertainer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nelaakter24 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.