Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Water


More sketchbook pages...







The other day my car was towed because I parked on the wrong side of the block for street cleaning (it swaps every other week). I went to the closest tow lot, only to find out it wasn't there and likely at another lot a 20 to 30 minute walk away. But it still wasn't positive. Add on a pair of jeans, a backpack, and a sweltering 93 degree day, and I found myself in the shoes of one of my many tortured characters (namely, the dehydrated ones).

It gave me a little more empathy for them, but not much.

What is it with my characters either leaking fluids or needing water?

7 comments:

Chris Houghton said...

Good golly, these are incredible! The second to last creature is my favorite for his extra-weirdness! Wow Bob, awesome.

Jason Curtis said...

Yeah, dehydration seems to be a running theme with your characters. After viewing your work I always feel the need to chug a big glass of water.

These are amazing Bob. Your creations are so off-the-wall original.

I'm going to go ahead and present you with the "I Think Therefore I Ink" award. I don't even know what that means, and to be honest I just made up this prestigious accolade, but you deserve it Bob. I offer it to you in recognition of your impressive inking ability.

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

These are great! I personally like the last one.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I second the motion to present you with the "I Think Therefore I Ink" award.

Bob Flynn said...

You guys and your awards...ha! Thanks, though! I am liking the brush pen a lot—all the more reason to buy some brushes and give the real deal a shot.

Glad you like these drawings. Working in the new sketchbook has been fun.

Honolulu Dogfight said...

Working in your new sketchbook has been fun for us too.

Miguel B. Núñez said...

nice bugs!

:)